Illinois Complex Estate Planning Attorneys
Lawyers for Estates Involving Businesses, Property and Complicated Issues in DuPage County, Cook County, and Northern Illinois
For those with closely-held businesses, unique family concerns, and valuable or complicated financial assets, a basic will may not be enough to ensure your hard-earned assets are preserved and passed on to the people you choose. Fortunately, there are many advanced estate planning strategies that can help families and individuals with complex estates accomplish their goals.
At Tiesenga & DeBoer LLP, we assist clients with all types of estate planning; from basic wills and trusts to complex estate plans and estate administration. We have an in-depth knowledge of complex estate planning strategies and how these strategies can work together to form a comprehensive plan that effectively accounts for your finances, family, and goals. We put our depth of experience to work to provide the skilled guidance and estate planning representation you deserve.
Complex Estate Planning Strategies
Advanced estate planning strategies are often employed in conjunction with more basic tools such as a will or trust to accomplish specific purposes. Examples include:
- Gifting Strategies: Families and individuals can reduce the value of their estate and thus reduce estate tax exposure through effective gifting strategies. For example, parents are allowed to give a certain amount each year to children without being subject to the gift tax. You can also give money and property to various trusts and charities free of taxes.
- Succession Planning for Business Owners: Advanced estate planning techniques can help protect assets within a family-owned or closely-held business. A structured network of Family Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies is often an effective vehicle for accomplishing this purpose when coupled with comprehensive Buy-Sell and Shareholder Agreements.
- Second Generation Planning: There are certain estate planning instruments that can be used (such as generation-skipping trusts) to help preserve assets for multiple generations and minimize federal and state estate tax liability.
- Charitable Trusts and Foundations: Various charitable trust options can help you support your favorite charities and minimize tax exposure. Some families also choose to set up private foundations to carry on philanthropic work in the family name.
- Estate Freezing Tools: There are numerous other estate freezing tools and techniques that can be employed in certain circumstances to accomplish specific estate planning purposes.
If you need advanced estate planning assistance, we are here to help you accomplish your goals. For a consultation with one of our experienced DuPage County complex estate planning attorneys, contact our office today at 630-645-1403. Tiesenga & DeBoer LLP provides skilled counsel, advice and legal representation for clients in Oak Brook, Chicago, DuPage County, Cook County, Will County, Lake County, Kane County, Kendall County, Grundy County, and surrounding Illinois communities.