DuPage County Small Business Lawyers
Experienced and Skilled Representation for Business Law Serving Naperville and Northern Illinois
In today's business and regulatory environment, corporate legal work is needed to create, transfer, split, and reorganize business entities. Buying or selling a business is guided by tax considerations. Borrowing money or leasing equipment also requires careful analysis and documentation. In addition, our business practice includes negotiating and drafting shareholder agreements and employment contracts, as well as partnership issues, franchising, and application of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Many of our clients are businesses with one or two owners, some of them franchises. Other clients include investment partnerships. Many commercial projects include other areas of law. For example, the sale of a family-owned business often involves corporate, real estate, and estate planning, and may also require familiarity with environmental law. Business expansion can invoke real estate and labor law.
How Much Legal Work Does a Business Need?
One study of small business conducted by the University of Michigan found an inverse correlation between early attention to legal formalities and financial success. A unique challenge of corporate work is to apply seemingly unlimited legal information and procedures in the correct amount for a given situation.
At Tiesenga & DeBoer LLP, we understand what it takes to operate businesses in the Chicago area and throughout the world. Our attorneys have over a century of combined experience handling all matters related to corporate and commercial law, and we have in-depth knowledge of specific industry sectors in manufacturing, distribution, and services.
Full-Service Business Representation
Business owners may confront critical legal issues that determine their success or failure. At Tiesenga & DeBoer LLP our attorneys help clients navigate those critical issues. We provide our business clients with a range of legal services including:
- Business Formation, Sale and Dissolution: When starting a new business, entity selection is critical. Options include sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), and corporations. We seek to understand your personal and business objectives and to work with your accountants and key partners to properly structure your business.
- Contract Drafting and Review: A contract is "any agreement the law will enforce," and there are numerous business relationships to document with written contracts. We have extensive experience drafting contracts and agreements to streamline your standard business operations, as well as key transactions, marketing relationships, supplier purchases, and other commercial matters requiring clear definition and risk allocation.
- Commercial Real Estate Purchases, Sales and Leases: Your location is a vital part of running your business. Whether you are looking to buy, sell, or lease commercial space, we can help negotiate favorable terms and conditions and protect your interests during the process. Having an experienced commercial real estate attorney who can guide you through the process and make your closing or leasing go smoothly allows you to focus on running your business.
- Business Disputes and Commercial Litigation: We represent our clients in a broad range of litigation areas. We have experience in bringing and defending contract disputes, torts, general business litigation, landlord/tenant, land use, construction, and real estate disputes. We work with our clients to identify and pursue cost-effective approaches to each case. A primary concern with business litigation is to perform an early case assessment to determine what our client’s goal is and what that goal is worth regarding the time and expense necessary to achieve it. The standard categories of litigation planning are outlined in work plans frequently used by major corporations and equally applicable to smaller companies. We need to know your business to make sense of your litigation.
- Business Tax Concerns: Tax law for business is highly complex. Whether you are faced with a business compliance matter or dispute, or you are interested in tax planning, we know the laws and will work with your other business professionals to ensure that your tax expectations are met.
Call 630-645-1403 for Illinois Business Lawyers
If you own a business or are about to start one, we are here to help put you in a position to succeed. We value our clients, and we work hard to ensure we remain accessible and highly responsive to their needs. For a personalized consultation with one of our skilled DuPage County business lawyers, contact our office today at 630-645-1403. Tiesenga & DeBoer LLP provides skilled counsel, advice, and legal representation for clients in Oak Brook, Oak Park, Chicago, DuPage County, Cook County, and all surrounding Illinois communities.